Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Jeffrey will consider if asked to contest

Kota Kinabalu: Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) Vice President Datuk Dr Jeffrey Kitingan will consider contesting if he is picked to run for the Pensiangan parliamentary seat in the event of a by-election.

But he pointed out that he was not eyeing the spot and that the party should look somewhere else to find their man, adding the important thing was for them to rally behind the candidate and wrest the seat from Barisan Nasional.

"I've never lobbied for the place (candidacy) but if I'm asked to go there as a candidate, I have to think about it," he said.

"I can say whoever the candidate is, it doesn't have to be me, we want to make sure the person wins. I've not been asked yet (but) if possible we get somebody other than myself lah..."

In the 12th General Election last March, Jeffrey lost the race for the Keningau parliamentary seat to his brother Datuk Seri Joseph Pairin Kitingan (BN-PBS) by a majority of 4,264 votes and the Bingkor state seat narrowly to Justin Guka (BN-Upko) by 171 votes.

No comments:

Post a Comment